- The release date is right. Everyone's gonna kick off the summer with some cool flicks. The trailer (see below) indicates that it's pretty much cool.
- A day earlier YRF had enough reasons to reschedule the release. But today it seems unlikely. WHY? The India-Sri Lanka match. The defeat of India practically buried all chances of India getting into the next round. The final match is on April 28. Nowadays we are seeing the bollywood films biting the dust due to World Cup. Very few people will watch and enjoy the following matches. That paves the way for a great weekend of TRRP.
- The slick teaser has already aroused interest.
- YRF's last masala flick Dhoom:2 was the biggest blockbuster of the year
- Director Siddharth Anand's first film SALAAM NAMASTE was a huge domestic and overseas success.
- The theme (car racing) is first time in India.
- The music may also create a mark
But some flip points.....
- Actor Saif Ali Khan's past few releases were washouts in the box office. In spite of much critical acclaim and a rocking performance, his OMKARA failed to ignite the box office. Despite being a multistarrer biggie, his EKLAVYA was a huge flop. NEHLLE PE DEHLLA went the same way.
- Rani Mukherjee too had almost a same track record. The hardcore Indian masses rejected her playing of an adulterous woman in KABHI ALVIDA NAA KEHNA. Probably for the KANK -effect she created, BAABUL too was declared a commercial failure. Same for TRRP?
Well, lets see what happens. This pairing created a flame in box office with HUM TUM in 2004 when both of them were going through a bad phase. Saif even didn't have a solo hit! So uncertainty is the key word for box office. The success of this film might cure the lonely, lovelorn heart of SAK- what say?
Watch the trailer!
(Disclaimer: All the materials in this page serve only INFORMATIONAL purpose, and in no way is used commercially/promotionally)